Universal Disk Imaging
The Universal Imaging Utility (UIU) simplifies your Microsoft Windows deployments (Windows 7, Vista and XP) by enabling one hard drive image to work on any cloned computer – desktop or laptop.
As the world’s first (and still the only) cloning tool that works alongside any Windows imaging package, the UIU includes a library of device drivers so your cloned computers boot properly.
UIU works by setting up your “master” computer so that the Image subsequently created from it (using your favorite cloning application) can be deployed smoothly and reliably to all your hardware platforms. It is ideal for new Image-deployments, software and operating system upgrades, Windows security updates and new system builds, or Disaster Recovery situations
Univeral Imaging Utility provides a Single hard-disk image that can be deployed confidently to any Windows computer:
- whether they’re desktops or laptops
- regardless of your imaging package (Symantec Ghost or Altiris, Acronis, ZENWorks, System Center Configuration Management (SCCM), Windows Deployment Services (WDS), imageX, etc.)
- and regardless of manufacturer (HP, Lenovo, Gateway, Dell, Toshiba, and on and on).
- Software updates, security patches, service packs and bug fixes can be deployed sooner.
- Machines can be cloned more often and at a lower cost than ever before.
- New systems, migrations and rollouts are done in a fraction of the time.
- No need to keep track of multiple Image files.
- More efficient use of storage space.
- No longer maintain a depot of different computers in order to create an image.
- IT staff can focus on more critical projects.
- Enjoy freedom to purchase any hardware brand without worrying whether your existing image will load.
- Policy standards are easier to maintain and compliance is more easily reached.
- Universal Imaging Utility 4.5 - Datasheet (PDF 205 KB)
A summary of what UIU does, how it works, features and benefits.